Truth or Consequences is 2 hours from the airports in either El Paso TX or Albuquerque NM. During winter months, the advantage to flying into El Paso would be to avoid potential winter weather in Albuquerque.
If you are coming from El Paso and want to break up the 2-hour drive, we suggest a stop at Sparky’s Burgers located in the World’s Chile Capitol, Hatch New Mexico (I-25 exit 41). Sparky’s serves great coffee and espresso drinks and fine barbecue, and once you’re in Hatch, they’re easy to find – just look for the oversized memorabilia (think Mama Burger, the Statue of Liberty, and a giant pink pig). Sparky’s is also on Trip Advisor, and was the subject of an El Paso Times’ article in 2011. (Closed Tues & Wed; open 10:30am-7pm Mon, Thurs, Friday and 10:30am-7:30pm Saturday.)
From the NORTH (Albuquerque/Santa Fe)
- From I-25 (heading south) take Exit 79 for Truth or Consequences.
- The exit becomes North Date Street (bear right to Truth or Consequences)
- Go through the light at Denny’s, and go a couple of miles to the second traffic light.
- Go through the light at 3rd Street (please watch your speed downtown).
- Date Street bends to the right and becomes one-way (Main Street) as you enter downtown.
- Follow Main Street around the curve and up the hill.
- The El Cortez Theater sign is the next landmark (on the right), which is at Main and Foch.
- TURN LEFT at Foch Street and proceed 3 blocks to the intersection of Foch & Broadway.
- Stay on Foch Street, which zigzags across Broadway.
- Austin Street is the next intersection / stop sign.
- Turn right, and our parking lot is on the left in the middle of the block.
WARNING: Online maps tell you to “turn left at Mims Street,” which is a bum steer. Mims Street doesn’t connect to the road you are on at the time, so take these directions over those!
From the SOUTH (El Paso)
- From I-25 (heading north) take Exit 75 for Williamsburg and Truth or Consequences.
- You enter town on South Broadway Street.
- Continue through Williamsburg a couple of miles.
- When you see the Veteran’s Center on the right, continue down a hill and around a curve.
- Broadway becomes one-way as you enter downtown.
- One block past Davis Fleck Drugstore (which is at Daniels & Broadway)…
- Turn right on Foch Street.
- The very next stop sign is Austin. Turn right onto Austin, and our parking lot is on the left in the middle of the block. You may also park on the street.
Policies and Information
This release, Waiver, Hold Harmless and Assumption of Risk Agreement is made by and between the undersigned (“Guest”) and Blackstone Baths and Beds, a New Mexico LLC (“Blackstone”).
- Due to the natural environment at Blackstone there are hazards, such as, but not limited to: low light, hidden obstacles, uneven surfaces, and wet, slippery and/or icy walking surfaces that may cause Guest to slip or fall.
- Due to the intense heat of our geothermal resource, using Blackstone’s bathing features may present special health considerations for people with chronic conditions such as heart, respiratory, or circulatory conditions, pregnant women, and diabetics. Also, certain medications may intensify the geothermal water’s effect and present unexpected health hazards. If you have chronic conditions or risk factors, you should consult with your health care providers before using Blackstone’s facilities. These conditions (or others) may cause loss of consciousness or other, more dangerous health problems. Bathing in hot water can lower blood sugar levels and if many hours have passed since the last meal, a person may overheat and experience dizziness or loss of consciousness. Hydration is essential when soaking hot mineral water, so be sure to drink plenty of water during your soak, and afterward. Cool down completely before getting dressed after your bath.
- The consumption of alcohol is strongly discouraged, either before or during the use of Blackstone facilities. Alcohol use may increase the effect of potential health hazards, impair judgement, and/or cause light-headedness or loss of consciousness.
- Please remove any loose jewelry before entering any of the baths at Blackstone. All of our baths drain into a municipal drain that designated for hotspring water only. Anything that goes down a hotspring bath drain is quickly headed to Texas via the Rio Grande, and cannot be retrieved.
- Guest understands that the services provided by Blackstone are available elsewhere. Guest desires to use the facilities at Blackstone with that knowledge, and with full knowledge of the inherent risks and dangers and the physical and emotional injuries that could result, and hereby agrees to assume the risk of any such injury.
- Blackstone assumes no responsibility for damage or theft of personal property, or for the offensive or criminal acts of third parties.
- Blackstone will not permit the use of its facilities without the execution of this Agreement and reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
THEREFORE, Guest, in consideration of being permitted to use the facilities of Blackstone, hereby voluntarily releases, waives, discharges and relinquishes any and all claims or causes of action for personal injury, emotional distress, or property damage which may arise as a result of using these facilities, whether caused by any act, or failure to act, negligent or otherwise, of Blackstone. Guest agrees that if any portion of this Agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
It is the intention of Guest, upon signing this Agreement, to exempt and relieve Blackstone from any liability for personal injury, emotional distress, property damage, or loss of property caused by negligence, any of the above-described potential hazards, or otherwise.
As a guest or bather at Blackstone Hotsprings, you acknowledge that you assume all risks.
We always recommend that guests bathe soon after their arrival. It is a good way to “reset your body clock” and begin your stay at Blackstone Hotsprings.
When you turn on the hot spring tap, turn the handle either all the way on, or all the way off. Leaving the valve midway between ON and OFF stresses the pump and can cause it to overheat in the mineral water. So please turn the hotspring valve ON and OFF slowly, gently, and completely.
Never leave baths unattended while water valves are open.
In-room water pressure is subject to dramatic changes as the baths on the premises ebb and flow. Unattended water can quickly overflow. Be certain the valve in your bath is ALL THE WAY off when you have finished soaking. An overflowing bath is subject to a $150 damage and cleaning fee.
Historic Baths and Outdoor Baths
Pools are drained completely at the end of each appointment, and tile or concrete interiors are sprayed with a hydrogen peroxide solution. The sanitizing solution is then rinsed away, and the baths air-dry until the next guests arrive.
There is a constant flow of fresh thermal mineral water into and out of the Wet Room to maintain a consistent water level and temperature range.
As the water circulates through the room, an ozonator immediately oxodizes any organic matter and gives a slight static charge to any contaminants (much like a TV collects all the dust in a room). The ultraviolet light in our ozone filtration system causes any particulate matter in the Wet Room to oxodize and “stick” to the stones in the water falls, which we power-wash and cleanse as with any other filtering medium.
Our Historic Baths and the in-room baths fill directly from the hot mineral spring. They are by far our hottest baths. This water is usually around 110-112 degrees, so you may find it necessary to use cold water from the shower to cool your bathing water.
Commercial hot tubs are standardly 104 degrees. Please be aware that extreme geothermal temperatures can be hazardous in combination with physical conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, pregnancy, asthma, etc.
Hotspring Baths should never be endurance contests!
Once your bath is at a comfortable and safe temperature, you can soak for between 5 and 15 minutes. Then, we always suggest that you wear a robe and sit outside to cool — spend as much time cooling in the dry desert air as you spent soaking in the hot mineral spring.
Geothermal water in The Wet Room circulates through water features, which naturally lowers the water temperature to a moderate 103-106. The waterfall also helps cool the water in the pool. The steam room is an exception; temperatures in the steam room are much warmer than the pool, therefore caution should be exercised while using the steam feature.
Please call 575-894-0894 for assistance with booking.
Please arrive on time for your appointment! Our baths book on the hour and late arrivals will not enjoy their entire 50-minute appointment.
Inquire in the lobby about booking the next hour if you'd like to soak past your appointment's ending time.
Our baths are private but not sound-proof. You are always within hearing range of hotel guests and other bathers. You may use your phone to take photos or to listen to music with headphones during your bath. However talking on the phone and playing music without headphones is prohibited in our baths.
Our Fine Print policies have been revised to include pandemic-related protocols.
- Contactless check-in begins at 3pm — key located in room
Check-out ends at 11am.
- We are not able to accommodate early arrivals or late departures. Call or text 575-894-0894 if you need anything.
- We are currently operating as a private hotel and have revised policies at this time. We are only renting to in-state residents who haven’t travelled out of state in the last 30 days. Pictures of New Mexico IDs from all guests are required.
- Prepayment with a credit card (NO DEBIT CARDS OR THIRD PARTY CREDIT CARDS WILL BE ACCEPTED) is required at time of booking. A picture of your credit card must be provided. Pictures can be sent via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by text to 575-894-0894
- NO OUTSIDE VISITORS (anyone who is not a lodging guest) ALLOWED
- Lodging guests may book any of our 3 private Outdoor Luxury Hotspring Baths for $20 per 50 minute session. Prices are for 1-2 people, call to schedule a time.
- NO smoking or grilling is permitted anywhere at Blackstone Hotsprings. We ask that all smokers stand at least 50 feet from any entrance at Blackstone Hotsprings. If we detect odors or residue from smoking or grilling, a minimum $150 cleaning fee will automatically be charged to your credit card on file.
- At this time all employees are following the CDC’s guidelines for disinfection and safety; for more information please visit the CDC website.
- We are requiring guests to follow the guidelines below:
- Respect social distancing.
- Avoid congregating with other guests in public areas.
- Wear facial covering at all times in public areas.
- Observe instruction and signs during your stay.
- Inform Blackstone immediately if you experience Covid-19 symptoms within 4 days of departure.
- Take the temperatures of both guests before departing from home.
- Let us know if you have travelled outside of New Mexico in the last 30 days or if you have been in contact with someone who has.
- Blackstone Hotsprings is an adult retreat that is not set up for families with young children. Children 18 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times. No children under 12 are permitted.
- NO DOGS ARE ALLOWED either as a pet or service animal.
- We respect your privacy during multiple night stays, we do not disturb our guests in order to perform daily housekeeping. Instead, our staff is on duty everyday from 9am to 9pm should you require fresh towels, coffee, paper goods, or any other housekeeping goods and assistance.
- The occupancy limit is 2 for ALL ROOMS and at this time we are not allowing parties of more than 2 people.
- Damages or missing items will result in an immediate charge of 125% of fair replacement value or necessary cleaning/repair cost (excluding normal wear and tear), including but not limited to rooms, fixtures, furnishings, artwork, décor, spa towels, robes, or intractable stains on linens, etc. Please bring your own towels if you plan to use hair coloring products during your stay. If you wish to purchase spa towels, robes, coffee cups, pillows or bath products, please ask any of our staff members.
- Do not leave baths unattended with water valves open. In-room water pressure is subject to dramatic changes as the baths on the premises ebb & flow. Unattended baths can quickly overflow. Be certain your bath is ALL THE WAY off when you have finished soaking. An overflowing bath is subject to a $150 damage and cleaning fee.
- We have a 48-HOUR cancellation policy for all 1-night or 2-night lodging reservations. If you cancel your reservation less than 48 hours prior to the reservation date and the room doesn’t rebook, you will not receive a refund unless we can re-book your rooms. There is no guarantee we can rebook, so please remember to cancel 49 or more hours out!
- Reservations for 3 or more consecutive nights are subject to a ONE MONTH cancellation policy, under the same terms as above.
- Group reservations of three or more rooms are subject to a ONE MONTH cancellation policy, under the same terms as above.
- If you cancel but do not receive an email confirming your cancellation, then there is no guarantee we’ve recorded it in our system and we may not open the room for re-booking. If you do not receive an email confirming your cancellation, please get in touch with us ASAP.
The Twilight Zone is our fully ADA room. The shower, doorways, sink and all paths of travel in the Twilight Zone are wheelchair accessible. There are hand rails by the toilet in the Twilight Zone. If you have questions about the Twilight Zone in advance of your stay, please let us know.
Blackstone's lobby and lobby bathroom are also fully ADA accessible. The Wet Room is partially accessible; attendants are available if a bather needs assistance.
All the baths at Blackstone Hotsprings are accessible by using handrails at the entry points. Shower heads in the Wet Room, Historic Baths and guest rooms are handheld. The outdoor baths use regular shower heads.
The entire property is on the ground floor with barrier-free, accessible paths of travel.
We are currently operating as a private hotel. We do not allow animals of any kind.
Because of our one-week cancellation policy, we rarely have unexpected vacancies during peak periods. However it does happen from time to time.
To be added to the Wait List, you must provide the following:
- The date(s) that you want to reserve
- Your cell phone number
- Best alternate contact methods or numbers
If you email us, we will reply to your email to confirm that you have been added to the Wait List.
If you have any housekeeping needs during your stay, please let us know. Unless otherwise requested, we do not change bedding and towels during your stay. Fresh towels are always available in the bathhouse.
The east units (Babaloo, Roy Rogers, Wonder Woman and Star Trek) are situated near the business next door, Sierra Auto Parts. They receive a delivery each night, Monday through Friday, at approximately 10:45pm. The delivery can take anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour. We regret the inconvenience, it’s just one of those things that can happen when a business district gets built on top of a hot spring.
Hotel upkeep is ongoing. You may occasionally hear hammering, drilling or similar sounds related to upkeep. We limit this activity to daytime hours.
Blackstone does not enforce a “whisper policy” but we ask that you keep other guests in mind as you go about the business of relaxation. Guests (and staff) are often within hearing range. Loud conversations are not permitted, and we recommend you do not use your mobile phone on speaker unless you are in your room with the door closed.
If you book a luxury or historic bath, you may use your phone to take photos or to listen to music with headphones. However playing music without headphones and talking on the phone is prohibited in The Wet Room, the outdoor baths, and the historic baths.
Each lodging room has a fridge, so you can go to Bullocks (three blocks west on Broadway) for wine, beer, liquor or ice to keep in your room. All rooms have custom dark roast coffee, with sugar and creamer packets provided.
With the exception of 2 filled ice cube trays per room, ice is not available on the premises, but it can be found at Bullocks downtown, or at Circle K on N. Date Street.
Tableware for two is available in each room, along with a microwave. Grilling / barbecuing is not allowed anywhere on the Blackstone property.
Each room includes two monogrammed bath robes which are provided for your use during your stay. You may also purchase Blackstone robes ($65 each) and other spa items in the bathhouse lobby.
The lobby at Blackstone Hotsprings is currently closed.
Blackstone t-shirts ($20), coffee cups ($10), bath mats ($20) and robes ($65) are available by calling 575-894-0894.
The lobby at Blackstone Hotsprings is currently closed.
Blackstone t-shirts ($20), coffee cups ($10), bath mats ($20) and robes ($65) are available by calling 575-894-0894.
GIFT CERTIFICATES are available by calling 575-894-0894. We have created an array of options from which to choose — purchase certificates for:
- rooms by the night
- rooms plus a luxury soak
- soaks by the hour
If you’d prefer to buy a gift certificate for a specific set dollar amount, we can do that too!